Part-Time Full-Stack Engineer
Who we are:
The Meetery is a dating app for busy professionals currently based in New Orleans, LA. where we are beta testing our MVP. Our app solves the problem of inefficient dating experiences in the dating app space by putting the ‘dating’ back in dating apps. The Meetery’s sole purpose is to help people ACTUALLY meet! Where other apps abandon their users in the chat feature, we limit the chatting and help users focus on getting face to face to make real connections. The Meetery does this with 30 min 1:1 dates to help people date safely and efficiently. The Meetery is making it socially acceptable to leave a date after one drink. We are an early stage company on a mission to transform this billion dollar industry and are looking to add to our team! We are passionate and on a mission to disrupt the dating app world.
Report to the CEO’s and serve as a key member of the core Leadership Team. Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with Product and Leadership on roadmap and prioritization. Must be able to collaborate with and educate non-technical team members.
Who you are:
- You are down to earth and excited by a team that communicates constantly and works together to achieve their goals.
- Someone who has always wanted to be in on the ground floor of the next big tech startup.
- Eager to get their teeth kicked in by the tech world.
- You are hungry, driven and a visionary.
What you have:
- 5-10 years software development experience with APIs and cross-platform native mobile applications, ideally with B2C products.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Proven ability to direct a technical product roadmap and guide product development based on long-term goals and real-time constraints. (ei: strategic product development & planning)
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on native & web applications and modern programming languages and frameworks
- Knowledgeable about engineering fundamentals and architecture, including working with Git, CI/CD practices, restful APIs, distributed systems, SQL and cloud services (AWS Experience preferred)
- Can assume responsibility for implementation, long term, of CI/CD pipeline and automated testing/unit testing
- Experience ‘hiring’ & managing engineering teams (internal and/or external)
- Demonstrates solid understanding and application of UX fundamentals.
- Lead a team by continuously showcasing exemplary hands-on engineering execution of high-quality code in an agile environment.
- Scope development effort, including budgets & resources.
- Demonstrated experience building API integration with third party platform APIs
- Demonstrated experience working with or in early-staged startups.
- Self-directed, requiring minimal supervision with the ability to think holistically around engineering challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Experienced in design and implementation of app architectures and code that is scalable, and performant
- Build an in house team of developers and engineers to build and support our products.
What you get:
- 0.1-10% equity - depending on experience/role
- Competitive salary upon seed round raise.
- The opportunity to be one of the first employees in a high growth start-up.
Bonus points if you…
- Have a dog
- Have a sense of humor